On Saturday, April 11 PFHA held our annual meeting for 2017. The meeting opened with a Pledge of Allegiance in honor of Veterans’ Day.
Here is the group!
President Peter Linehan leads the business meeting.
Our speaker, Austin Grove, an alumnus of Penn State Mont Alto, recounts his experiences as a wildfire fighter in Colorado and other western states this past summer.
Entertainment, of a sort, was provided by The PFHA Players.
A detailed account of the meeting will be in our next newsletter.
Invitation to Attend
PA Forest Heritage Association Annual Meeting
Norlo Park, Chambersburg PA- Saturday, November 11, 2017
Theme: Keeping On the Right Course
The 2017 Annual Meeting of the Pennsylvania Forest Heritage Association (PFHA) will provide something of interest to all of our membership. Come and join us in celebrating the present accomplishments of YOUR organization and help plan for the future.
- 8:45 Arrival/Registration – Coffee and Snacks
- 9:30 Introduction – State of the PFHA – Review of Summer at the Discovery Center
- PFHA – What the Future Holds – Sebasovich
- Presentations: “The PaFORE Program – Michael Klimko
“Colorado Wildfire” – Austin Grove
“George Wirt and the Birth of Pennsylvania Forestry – J J. Graham
- Brief Business Meeting / Election of Directors
- 12:30 Catered Lunch – Savoy Caterers of Waynesboro
- Entertainment – The PFHA Players & “Jelly Elliott and the Three Knotheads”
- Fire Lookout Association Update
- 2:00 Selection of Raffle Winners
- 2:15 Special Program
- 3:00 Adjournment – Optional Visit to Local Fire Tower
Total Fee = $25.00 includes lunch
Registration Deadline: November 1
— Cut Here and Submit with Payment ———
Please make check payable to PFHA. Mail registration form and fee to:
Jack Graham, 365 Peach Ridge Rd., Elliottsburg, PA 17024
Questions? 717-582-2235 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Number of Registrations _______________ X $25.00 = $ ____
___ Yes, I will bring an item for the “Chinese Auction
___ Sorry I can’t make it, but would like to contribute to meeting expenses.